WELCOME!

Hello and welcome to all of you good people! I am not a professional film critic or blogger, this is my personal page. We're here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. All positive interaction is encouraged and greatly appreciated. If you're one of those who lives to post mean comments on blog pages, you are not welcome. Your comments will not be approved or posted and you will get no audience here so move along. I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY FROM THIS PAGE

Saturday, April 6, 2019

WHO DOESN'T LOVE INDEPENDENT HORROR FILMS?




I wrote in an earlier blog post (HERE) about how I loved horror movies as a kid, until I saw Friday the 13th in 1980 and was so traumatized I couldn't watch horror movies again until my boss at the video store I worked at threatened to fire me if I didn't get over my fear and start watching horror movies so I could make recommendations to customers. 

Well, I did get over it and in time I went on to have a hand in the production of many independent horror films. I can't remember if it was 2013 or 2014, but some horror blogger named me one of the top 35 hardest working women in horror. I thought that was neat. I never really thought about how many horror movies I'd helped out with until I saw that and really did some thinking. I lost track a long time ago of how many... and I really don't remember all of the titles either. 

Over the years I've gotten to know some really great independent film makers, many who specialize in the horror genre. The horror community has a camaraderie like no other. Everyone has a common love and their art is accepted, appreciated and supported as it's meant to be. 

Independent horror films are usually low, micro or no budget, meaning they were made with very little, if any money. They don't have the special effects you see with the big budget studio movies. When you keep an open mind and appreciate great story telling, then you will love independent films. 

My LGBT Film Spotlight page (HERE) has done so well, I thought I would start spotlighting some of the great independent horror films I enjoy. 

Over time, I will be adding to the page. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Click (HERE) to see the page, and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment